So many BAD design decisions!! So many REALLY BAD marketing decisions… Here’s just one more!
My Slash OL has a limit switch at the TOP of the Z axis linear rail. (BTW this is the opposite of all the other machines we have tested) So the printer zeroes where it’s set by the user when the user calibrates with the Z axis zero setting with the app. As such the printer has the total height of the entire length of the linear rail hard coded. When the print starts the bed goes to that zero height… Then when it starts to raise and the vat refuses to release, because Uniz does not understand how a polymer needs to peel, the stepper on the Z axis lead screw misses steps and then eventually (hopefully) the peel happens and the bed raises. When it goes back down thanks to the missed steps and the lack of a limit switch at the correct location, the printer pushes the bed into the bottom of the vat and it again misses the same steps but in the opposite direction. If I did not use a raft and instead had a bunch of thin supports spread around… Making for much sharper spots… when the bed bottomed out the pressure could easily BREAK THE LCD!!! This printer is completely defective and a NONVIABLE product!!! It should NEVER have shipped!!!